Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Exciting day for families on the list for their D.A.D

Today, Warren Retrievers posted on the Facebook wall pictures of the angel dogs that were assigned families.  I am so excited for these families.  I know how excited they must be as well.  I looking through the pictures of these sweet baby (and I mean baby, they have to be about 10 to 12 weeks old) puppies and I think about how much relief they are going to bring to the recipient family.  I am sure each family that received the notification that they were going to receive their dog just jumped for joy.  They should.  Diabetes is such a silent disability.  You never know when your loved one is going to have a problem with their blood sugars or what the doctor is going to say at the next visit.  The relief they much feel knowing that their guardian angel is on the way and is going to look out for them.

I cannot wait for the day when I see "Congratulations Bates Family" on the Facebook wall with pics of Brads guardian angel.  I am looking forward to that day very much.  Diabeties affects all members of my family.  I know that the pup has to have extensive training and that it won't be fully trained right away, but just knowing that this amazing creature is going to help and protect or family from that silent disability is simply breath-taking.

Congratulations to all the families again!

Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment