Saturday, February 11, 2012

Examples of what these amazing dogs do!

You can "like" Guardian Angel Service Dogs on Facebook and there are people who post what their amazing dogs do for them.  I copied a particular post from a lady who has two sons with Type 1.  They have one dog, named Delta, which checks and alerts both kids.  I thought this was an amazing story:


‎4:33 am

I slept past my alarm clock.

I felt a heavy weight land on my chest.
...

Wet stuff was all over my face.

With semi-consciousness I said, "Do we need to check?"

Half closed eyes made out Delta touching his nose to the floor with a bowing type motion (front down/ back up) too fast to be stretching.

"Who is it?" I made my way to the living room, with a panicked pup at my side. I chose to check Eric first. 300

"Good High Delta" Why did he make a low signal?

I leave Eric's room with Delta running past me. He pushes his way through Micheal's door and lands on top of Micheal. Delta's panicked. He's licking Micheal trying to wake him up.

Panic feels my chest as I realize Micheal is Pale, and not responding to Delta.

"Micheal."

"MICHEAL!"

Finally he moves.

I tell him "Hand, Delta says your low."

A quick squeeze, poke, a drop of blood and 5 seconds pass.

44

Micheal was 44 at 4:33 am.... it would be another 2 hours before I was supposed to get him up, because I slept past my alarm clock.

I could have lost my oldest baby last night.


Instead because of Delta he was given a soda, and was able to get up and go to school at 7:30 with a blood sugar of 132.

Seriously good stuff these sweet doggies do.  Now just to get the fundraising under way!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Guardian-Angel-Service-Dogs/137261369677876

No comments:

Post a Comment