Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Sweet Kai....what would we do with out you and a SWEET DEAL!

It has been a very long time since I could honestly say, I am not afraid of Type 1 Diabetes.  I personally do not have it, but the love of my life does.  Type 1 changes you.  You worry constantly about your loved one because you never know if the wrong dose of insulin could kill them while they sleep or when the threat of complications such a neuropathy might set in.  It's a constant costly battle that I go through with my Bradley.  I can honestly say that since Kai has come into our life, I don't worry about those things.  I look at his sweet face and find peace.  I don't worry about scary life threatening lows while Brad sleeps.  Just two nights ago Kai started to whine and got very restless.  He woke me up.  I go and wake Brad up.  Fortunately Brad was able to wake up.  I say to Brad "Kai is restless and whining, we need to check."  Brad gets up and Kai paws.  I scratch Kai's head while Brad checks.  68.  This was at 2:30 in the morning when we would not have gotten up until 7am.  This could have been deadly.  We celebrate and praise Kai.  Brad gives his buddy a treat and I love that pup up while Brad eats some snacks and drinks some milk to get back into range.  Once again Kai has saved the day.  Are the no limits to what this dog can do?  He is a companion, lifesaver, and pup all rolled into one amazing being.  How did we get so lucky to have him in our life?  Not to mention the peace of mind I get knowing that if our daughter, god forbid, ever starts showing signs of Type 1.  I know Kai will have her back.

Service Dogs By Warren Retrievers has given me my life back.  I was a worried ball of nerves until Dan Warren told me that all was going to be ok.  Brad could be free and be the father that he deserves to be.  Thank you Dan.  Thank you Cheri, Phil and all the wonderful trainers!  Without you, I could not finally be able to think about something other than Brad's sugars.  THANK YOU!!!

Hopefully this post has made you think!  It has me.  We still need to raise funds to pay for training for this wonderful guy.  We are 60% of the way there.  This is where you can help!  From now until Valentines Day, SDWR is going to DOUBLE every donation, up to $2000.  This means if you donate $1.00, that becomes $2.00.  Please help us meet our goal.  All donations are tax deductible and with your help, we can get to the homestretch in our fundraising.  Please go to the following link and make a tax deductible donation.  Thank you so much for your support!!

http://sdwr.donordrive.com/campaign/cashforkai

From our family to yours,

The Bates

Follow our journey on Facebook!! http://www.facebook.com/FightingType1



1 comment:

  1. Am Richard, I am here to testify about a great herbalist  man who cured my wife of breast cancer. His name is Dr Imoloa. My wife went through this pain for 3 years, i almost spent all i had, until i saw some testimonies online on how Dr. Imoloa cure them from their diseases, immediately i contacted him through. then he told me the necessary things to do before he will send  the herbal medicine. Wish he did through DHL courier service, And he instructed us on how to apply or drink the medicine for good two weeks. and to greatest surprise before the upper third week my wife was relief from all the pains, Believe me, that was how my wife was cured from breast cancer by this great man. He also have powerful herbal medicine to cure diseases like: Alzheimer's disease, parkinson's disease, vaginal cancer, epilepsy Anxiety Disorders, Autoimmune Disease, Back Pain, Back Sprain, Bipolar Disorder, Brain Tumor, Malignant, Bruxism, Bulimia, Cervical Disc Disease, Cardiovascular Disease, Neoplasms , chronic respiratory disease, mental and behavioral disorder, Cystic Fibrosis, Hypertension, Diabetes, Asthma, Autoimmune inflammatory media arthritis ed. chronic kidney disease, inflammatory joint disease, impotence, alcohol spectrum feta, dysthymic disorder, eczema, tuberculosis, chronic fatigue syndrome, constipation, inflammatory bowel disease, lupus disease, mouth ulcer, mouth cancer, body pain, fever, hepatitis ABC, syphilis, diarrhea, HIV / AIDS, Huntington's disease, back acne, chronic kidney failure, addison's disease, chronic pain, Crohn's pain, cystic fibrosis, fibromyalgia, inflammatory Bowel disease, fungal nail disease, Lyme disease, Celia disease, Lymphoma, Major depression, Malignant melanoma, Mania, Melorheostosis, Meniere's disease, Mucopolysaccharidosis, Multiple sclerosis, Muscular dystrophy, Rheumatoid arthritis. You can reach him Email Via drimolaherbalmademedicine@gmail.com / whatsapp +2347081986098    Website/ www.drimolaherbalmademedicine.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete